Rail legends, keep it real!
ThirdRails Real Drive ™ extends the gameplay of TS QuickDrive and Freeroam scenario’s with a live feature. You will be driving a real service in TS simultaneous with the real world service, based on a real timetable.
Real Drive is based on Realtime Trains timetables so it is only available for UK routes.
Real Drive works as follows:
- Decide which route you want to drive, and from which city.
- Start the Real Drive from the broadcast form by clicking the Real Drive button. You should be presented with the integrated RealTime Trains Service Search form where you can enter your From and optional To location. Click Get Depatures to get a list of services which will be departing within the next hour.
Select a service to review the details, and click the Retreive Realtime service info button to get the actual timetable. Once satisfied, click OK to accept.There are two Real Drive modes:
1. Realtime Real Drive
You get only to see services which are about to depart. Your GSM-R clock will be set to local UK time, and is not adjustable.
2. Adhoc Real Drive
By unticking the date Checkbox you can find any service, anytime based on a given datetime. Your GSM-Clock will be set 2 minutes before service departure giving you the time to setup your train. The clock is adjustable. Note that it can be that no timetable is (yet) available.
- Your broadcast form will be filled in automatically according the selected service
- Now jump in your cab and start your virtual service according to the real live timetable. You will be driving simultaneous with the real service. Don’t forget to activate your service guard for even more realism!
- Check progress of the real service using the i button on Realtime Trains, RailDar or Omnicon Train locator
This is only the beginning
In future releases we will change the radar to reflect on your Real Drive, showing delays, scores compared with the real service etc. When did you arrive compared with the real service etc.
ThirdRails Real Drive is powered by Realtime Trains data services.
ThirdRails Real Drive demo videos: