Current in development
From the Lab
Not planned for a release soon
- TWB: Virtual Train Operation Companies (VTOCs)
- Radar: Multiplayer scenario’s
- Screenshots from Steam Cloud integration
Coming up in next release
Nothing yet, we just released.
- TRM: Real Drive (formely UK only) now for other European countries (DE, AT, CH, CZ, NL , SZ and more)
- TRM: Fixed Bug that a RealTime/Adhoc Real Drive would revert to normal visualy ‘normal’ drive (yellow tag)
- TRM: Fully fledged Dashboards designer for Logbook data (As ThirdRails Friends feature)
- TRM: Timetable CSV Import
- Performance improvement activities form
- Bug: Loco and Timetable not updated/cleared at second ride
- Fixed slugginesh of app while waiting for GPS position
- Timetable improvements:
- Adjust departure time for a timetable (Editor and EBula)
- Timetable reverse function for retour timetable (Editor and EBula)
- TWB: Scoring (delays) saved for all timetables instead of Realdrive only
- Ebula Clock set to realtime for Realtime drive option
- Just-In-Time loaded timetable (via EbulaControl) now promoted to broadcast
- Default Dashboard in logbookform as replacement for charts
- Improvement support OSM basic layer. Is showing again but loading from tile server is slow. (During tracking no problems)
- Due to basic layer performance issues made OSM transport the default map
- Logbook fixed bug where activities with date > 1-12-2019 where not shown in period Current Year.
- Bugfix: Logbookform crash after deleting a ride.
- Bugfix: Logbookform not able to save changes to Logbook and publishing to WB
- Bugfix: After stopping a broadcast, logging a ride can cause a build up in memory use which eventualy will lead to an Out-Of-Memory Exception.
ThirdRails Whistle Board
- [WIP] VTOCs basics
- TRM: Consume Whistle Board downloaded timetable filesdirectly for broadcast and editor
- TRM: Remember my password function
- TRM: More integration for Map, Radar and Whislte Board by means of tabbed main form
- TRM: Heavy memory usage at filling distinct select boxes at WB post form
- TRM: Fix for heavy memory use of local logbook form
- TRM: Fixed crash customizing menu’s and commands
- TRM: Trainnumber extended from 7 to 12 charachters
- TRM: Fix for character encoding upload TWB to feed for special characters like ë ê öbb now showing black diamonds with a question mark on TWB.
ThirdRails Whistle Board
Last update 02-08-2019
- Download timetables as Whistle Board timetable (.wtt)
- TWB: Everyone in a comment thread should be notified if comment is added
- TWB: Notification dialog can not be closed when there are to many items
- TWB: Get notifications for new SPADs, Comments and Followers via badge
- TWB: Week ranking history
- TWB: Ranking totals and sharing
- TWB: Order of a drivers feed is unpredictable
- TWB: Comments and SPADs (A SPAD in TWB is actualy a good thing, like a Kudo:
(SPecial Attention to Driver!)
- TRM: Bugfix for not showing tiles of OpenStreetMap Basic (the default background map)
- TWB: Google search on driven loco
- TWB: Social panel setup (not yet operational)
- TWB: Following users
- TWB: Faster weekleader- and rankingboards
- TWB: User account and login
- TRM: Fix for activity total time which could be off due to changing scenarios w/ different time during broadcast. Now not based on scenario, but on start/end broadcast time.
- TRM: Allow rides 4 hours and longer. In prior version rides longer then 4 hour (>17.000 gps points) resulted in a publish error. (maxJSONLength bigger)
- TRM: Extended Log dialog reaction time from 5 to 10 seconds
- TRM: Fixed a bug which could cause an activity to be posted twice
- TRM: Deleted activities are now also deleted from the TWB feed
- TWB: Now works in IE 11. TWB now shows OK in TRM
- Fixed a bug caused by the developer (=me 😉 ) who let his local test feed url in the release so that no one could add something to the feed.
- Fixed a bug that caused to set a different key to an activity causing duplicates of the same activity in the feed.
- Critical fix for broadcasting bug
- ThirdRails LogBook (TLB)
- Automatic ride detection for seperate logs during continuing broadcast
- Fully configurable grid view
- Basic statistics (mi/loc, time/loc)
- Editing log data
- Relive route, with route replay
- Auto share to ThirdRails Whistle Board
- Introducing ThirdRails Whistle Board (BETA, EXPERIMENTAL, PROTOTYPE)
- Ride post feed (inspired by STRAVA (for bikers/runners) )
- Broadcasted and logged rides publishing to feed
- Posts will be ‘anonymous’ as provided in Broadcast form
- Basic ride info (route/scenario) and statistics to explore from all users.
- Route map
- Timetable if used within TRM
- Leaderboards (Per week)
- Auto Broadcast Setting (Default true, will start broadcasting automaticaly with your default broadcast settings). If you don’t want this you can uncheck this option in the settings under the Radar tab.
- Peek the radar from within the TRM tool.
- Option to sync TS scenario time with GSM-R device
- Fixed broadcast VIEWID (Could change due to driver update)
Note: Your VIEWID, and thus you personal radar address has changed. If publish this URL in a stream or website, don’t forget to update!
- Location accuracy circle. If location is on the back on the train set an accuracy circle showing front of train at track intersection. SHIFT click map to set radius.
- Route offset feature for routes with a deviation compared to real world
- Measure tool (SHIFT + move mouse measure distance to train from any point)
- Total distance travelled. (Later used for statistics per loco)
- Further improved tracking. Suspend tracking at minimized.
- Dutch spoken announcements (Nederlandse conducteur voor aankondigingen)
- On RTT Form view online live service info (Stock, position, cancelation)
- TRM: Improved tracking mechanisme to avoid cluttering when doing long (> 2hr) rides
- Refactored mechanisme
- Toggle option to suspend/resume route path drawing
- New “Suspend path drawing during broadcast” setting
- Resulting in less memory use, and less processor time after > 2 hours
- TRM:Refactored 32/64 bits coding for easier deployment (You won’t notice 🙂 )
- Radar: Encoding for special characters to avoid ?BB (ÖBB) on radar text
- TRM: Option to save timetable from Real Drive on RTT form during broadcast setup
- TRM: >10 minutes delay notification now stretched to >100 minutes
- TRM: Fixed announcement bug saying 12 o’clock service for all morning times (08:00)
- TRM: Fix for serz.exe not found error on timetable scenario extraction
- TRM: Fix for Raildriver settings path not shown as selected at settingsform
- TRM: BugFix When zooming with map trackbar an error occurs on showing POI tooltip
- TRM: Broadcast info now reflected in statusbar during broadcast
- TFM: Broadcast tag is now saved with service file
- Support for Train Simulator 2019 64 bit edition
- Radar: Delay notification color green for Early and On Time, red for late
- Radar: Enhancements and improvements
- TRM Tool: Ride Summary Report from GSM_R tool
- Fix for Geolocator
- Security certificate for www.rentor.nl
- Radar: New Tags for Realtime and Adhoc Real Drives
- Radar: Link to RTT service in popup for Real Drives
- Real Drive: Adhoc Real Drive, drive a real service on other time of the day (Just use any timetable/anywhere/anytime, GSM-R clock set 2 minutes ahead start, adjustable)
- Real Drive: RealTime Real Drive, driving the real services at the real time (GSM-R clock set to UK local time, not adjustable)
- TRM: Approach announcement change “This is the 9T67 serice to…” into “This is the 2002 service to ” (Departure time of latest service)
- TRM: Hotkeys for announcements, no need anymore to leave the cab with your mouse (ALT+T for calling at, opens also the doors, ALT+Comma for Next Stop and ALT+Period for Approaching)
- TRM: Clock set two minutes ahead of start timetables and adjustable (except for Realtime Read Drive)
- TRM: Timeliness performance measuring and radar notifications for all timetables
- ThirdRails Real Drive ™ basics
- TRM Tool: Realtimetrains integration for real live timetable extraction
- TRM Tool: Timetable from scenario extraction
- TRM Tool: Just-In-Time timetable loading (File, Scenario, RTT)
- TRM Tool: Discord integration
- TRM Tool: German speaking Service Guard. (Dienst Fahnder)
- TRM Tool: Clock in the GSM-R device
- TRM tool: Spoken announcements EBuLa for Timetable and adhoc announcements. (WCML Trent Valley route style)
- TRR/TCR: EBuLa (Electronic Timetable Book) integrated in GSM-R tool for semi automated Next stop, Approach and Calling At announcements.
- TRM tool: Timetable Editor for making timetable files (.ttt) which can be added to broadcast for EBuLa device
- Slightly compacter GSM-R tool to accomodate EBuLa device
- TRM tool: Continuous tracking. Keep following and broadcasting whether you have an active scenario or not tracking and broadcasting is resumed automatically.
- TRM tool: Improved tracking mechanism to avoid sluggish tool after more than 3 hours tracking.
TRM/TRR/TCR Version 184.108.40.206
- TRM tool: Full screen option
- TRM tool: Option to set visibility style of POI, default, or without text
- TRM tool: Option to keep train in center, or free map panning
- TRM tool: On broadcast form button to switch origin/destination
- TRM tool: Popup menu for map
- TRM tool: Possibility to go to personal radar in GSM-R Radar
TRM/TRR/TCR Version 220.127.116.11
- Starting a broadcast completely refactored so that you can now prepare your broadcast.
- More optional information can be shared during the broadcast. You can now share: Your personal name or nick name and steam account. For the service you are driving during the broadcast you can share Train number, origin, destination, Stock info and TOC. (Data is shown on the popup in the Community Radar)
- Advance functions to persist data (train numbers, origin etc.) and complete service info to textfiles for later reuse.
- Service tag name generator (“A1234 BTN-VIC”)
- GSM-R device for communication of Next stop, Service announcements and Chat.
- Auto focus TS after communication according to setting.
- In-Cab Community Radar offering all the goodies of the radar
- Community Radar: Rolling stock Google search on player popup.
- Community Radar: Driver Steam account visit, if available.
- Community Radar: Due to the In-Cab-Radar had to fix a bug on IE11 to make the radar work. (Since I had no complaints I bet no one uses IE11, keep it that way!)
- Several improvements.
TCR web Version 18.104.22.168
Minor Update 10-01-2018
- Tab Toolbar for not frequent used functions.
- Download Map as Image function. Note: This works for OpenStreetmap, Transport and Bing backgrounds. If you use OpenTopoMap as background or one of the OpenRailwayMap layers this function gives an error due to security reasons. Because the images provided to the map are retreived from different sources, which sets the canvas into the Tainted mode, not allowing you to pull anything out of it. If this happens simply refresh your browser.
- Share ThirdRails Community Radar button.
- Features are now clustered on higher level to avoid a lot of clutter
- Inactive players having their speed at 0 will be hidden after 30 minutes. As soon as the speed picks up they are of course shown.
- Group Radar. By using a tag players can create their own group radar.
TRM version 22.214.171.124
- Public encrypted url where tag is not exposed. Special for viewers of a private event.
TRM version 126.96.36.199
- Function to tag your broadcast.
TCR web Version 188.8.131.52
- Geocoder to quickly jump to searched city, address or station. Available when the TimeTable tab is open, right under the tab.
- Info popup is now shown when clicking on a player, showing name, location and driven loco.
- Follow the player from the player Info Popup. The followed player will get a red/orange tag. Click anywhere to stop following.
- Zoom to player from player Info Popup.
- Zoom to player from player Info Popup bug fixed
- Bug fixed where users with the same tag name, for one of them the tag was not visible.
TRM Version 184.108.40.206
- Choose your speedunit at the start of the broadcast for your personal radar.
- On the Community Radar you can set the speedunit on the Timetable tab.
- You can change your name with f.e. a service at the start of broadcasting.
- With CTRL – F3 you can change speedunit and name during broadcasting.
- The loco you are driving is now published to the Community Radar
TRM Version 220.127.116.11
- ThirdRails Radar: Option to show local POIs on radar, to make HUD less driving even more easy.
TRM Version 18.104.22.168
- Setting added to alter refresh rate between 100 and 3000 ms. Default 1000 ms.
- Broadcasting positions to ThirdRails Radar (= TRM webserver). Enabling you to watch the live map on the TRM website with your id on any device, whether it is a cellphone, tablet or other PC. Thirdrails Radar will be published as Beta (Experimental).
- Check new version function so that you can check if a new version is available
TRM Version 22.214.171.124
- Background maps
- Additional Layers
- OpenRailwayMap with standard, signals and max speed maptype
- Prepared for additional Imagery, WMS and Shapefiles layers(not available yet)
- Improved way of dealing with rail driver.dll in unexpected location
- QuickPOI panel allowing to prepare POIs at front.
- POI Navigation from list to map and vice versa
- Full POI editing
- Changed icon for speed from “80” to a speedometer to avoid confusion about speed
- Clear map
- Fully configurable UI saved at exit
- Windows function Full Left, Full Right and Minimize an normal setup
- Always on top without third party tools, like Turbo Top (TS in borderless mode)
- POI Call Out improvements
- Autofocus TS options
- Online Help
TRM Version 126.96.36.199 Beta
- Follow player train, live map
- Registering the complete routepath. (GPS with timestamp)
- Register Points Of Interest (POI) during the run (speed, Destinations and Info)
- Background map OpenStreetMap
- Save and reload POI’s as a ThirdRails project
- Print map, Routepath list and POI list (with export options to Excel, PDF, HTML etc)
- Fully configurable UI
- 50 unique skins at your disposal