The ThirdRails Map tool, is a free supporting live map tool for route learning and scenario creation in combination with the DoveTail Train Simulator game. It follows your train on a map, where the user can add POI’s about the route, destinations and other info of interest. TRM offers an Out-Of-The-Cab live map experience, using ThirdRails Radar meaning you can view it on any device you like using a webbrowser.
The Community Radar shows all active players at a world-wide scale. You can there watch, follow and interact with you friends. (Currently Experimental-Beta)
We plan regular updates with improvements and new features so if you want to keep up with future versions subcribe to this TRM blog or follow us on Facebook!
Do you like ThirdRails Map? Help this project further!!
Please make your donation via the community website www.rentor.nl/donate
For a complete overview of all the features please consult the updated online help
For a helicopter view of the possibilities consult the ThirdRails for Rookies document.
Current version 18.104.22.168
- TRM: Improved tracking mechanisme to avoid cluttering when doing long (> 2hr) rides
- Refactored mechanisme
- Toggle option to suspend/resume route path drawing
- New “Suspend path drawing during broadcast” setting
- Resulting in less memory use, and less processor time
- TRM:Refactored 32/64 bits coding for easier deployment (You won’t notice )
- Radar: Encoding for special characters to avoid ?BB (ÖBB) on radar text
- TRM: Option to save timetable from Real Drive on RTT form during broadcast setup
- TRM: >10 minutes delay notification now stretched to >100 minutes
- TRM: Fixed announcement bug saying 12 o’clock service for all morning times (08:00)
- TRM: Fix for serz.exe not found error on timetable scenario extraction
- TRM: Fix for Raildriver settings path not shown as selected at settingsform
- TRM: BugFix When zooming with map trackbar an error occurs on showing POI tooltip
- TRM: Broadcast info now reflected in statusbar during broadcast
- TFM: Broadcast tag is now saved with service file
- Support for Train Simulator 2019 64 bit edition
- Radar: Delay notification color green for Early and On Time, red for late
- Radar: Enhancements and improvements
- TRM Tool: Ride Summary Report from GSM_R tool
Release 2.4 is all about improving Realtime Trains Integration\
More info on Real Drive here.
- Fix for Geolocator, Rentor.nl now running with certificate (https)
- Radar: New Tags for Realtime and Adhoc Real Drives
- Radar: Link to RTT service in popup for Real Drives
- Real Drive: Adhoc Real Drive, drive a real service on other time of the day (Just use any timetable/anywhere/anytime, GSM-R clock set 2 minutes ahead start, adjustable)
- Real Drive: RealTime Real Drive, driving the real services at the real time (GSM-R clock set to UK local time, not adjustable)
- TRM: Approach announcement change “This is the 9T67 serice to…” into “This is the 2002 service to ” (Departure time of latest service)
- TRM: Hotkeys for announcements, no need anymore to leave the cab with your mouse (ALT+T for calling at, opens also the doors, ALT+Comma for Next Stop and ALT+Period for Approaching)
- TRM: Clock set two minutes ahead of start timetables and adjustable (except for Realtime Read Drive)
- TRM: Timeliness performance measuring and radar notifications for all timetables
View the Version history page for an overview of all changes until now and what is coming in the next release!
About ThirdRails Map
ThirdRails Map is an initiative of Roland Beenhakker. All software is developed by my software development company Beensoft based in the Netherlands. At Beensoft we build GIS applications, for desktop, web and mobile, which are mainly used in the public space. For any inquiries please contact us via the website.
>> Jump to download
This software is provided “as-is,” without any express or implied warranty.
In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the
use of this software.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Train Simulator 15 or higher
Chances are high that you already have this installed on your computer. If not you can download and install the .NET framework at Microsoft via the link.
After download, run the setup and install the tool somewhere on your computer.
The location of the RailDriver.dll/RailDriver64.dll is, if not found on your computer in the default Steam location, asked at first startup. You must then point to the right folder, if succeeded you are ready to depart! (Path will be saved in your userprofile Documents/Thirdrails)
If you have any questions regarding to third rails, drop a message under this page and I will try to help you out.
Or sent a e-mail to beentrain [at] gmail.com
Instruction are now in the online help.
Download the latest version on the ThirdRails Download Yard.
Have fun! And let me know what you think!