The ThirdRails Map tool, is a free supporting live map tool for route learning and scenario creation in combination with the DoveTail Train Simulator game. It follows your train on a map, where the user can add POI’s about the route, destinations and other info of interest. TRM offers an Out-Of-The-Cab live map experience, using ThirdRails Radar meaning you can view it on any device you like using a webbrowser.
The Community Radar shows all active players at a world-wide scale. You can there watch, follow and interact with you friends. (Currently Experimental-Beta)
We plan regular updates with improvements and new features so if you want to keep up with future versions subcribe to this TRM blog or follow us on Facebook!
Do you like ThirdRails Map? Help this project further!!
Please make your donation via the community website www.rentor.nl/donate
For a complete overview of all the features please consult the updated online help
For a helicopter view of the possibilities consult the ThirdRails for Rookies document.
Current version 126.96.36.199
- Promote ‘normal’ timetable ride to Real Drive by setting the GSM clock to realtime
- Real Drive (formely UK only) now for other European countries (DE, AT, CH, CZ, NL , SZ and more)
- Fixed Bug that a RealTime/Adhoc Real Drive would revert to normal visualy ‘normal’ drive (yellow tag)
- Fully fledged Dashboards designer for Logbook data (As ThirdRails Friends feature)
- Timetable CSV Import
- Timetable enhancements to promote Service mode
- All used timetables are now Live Timetables, meaning that timeliness score is published on ThirdRails Whistle Board
- New advanced timetable edit functions:
- Adjust departing time for hourly driven services
- Make retour timetable
- Just-In-Time timetable editing in Ebula Control
- Dashboard in logbookform to show data in a professional way (replaces the clucked charts)
- Several bugfixes and improvements
View the Version history page for an overview of all changes until now and what is coming in the next release!
About ThirdRails Map
ThirdRails Map is an initiative of Roland Beenhakker. All software is developed by my software development company Beensoft based in the Netherlands. At Beensoft we build GIS applications, for desktop, web and mobile, which are mainly used in the public space. For any inquiries please contact us via the website.
>> Jump to download
This software is provided “as-is,” without any express or implied warranty.
In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the
use of this software.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- Train Simulator 15 or higher
Chances are high that you already have this installed on your computer. If not you can download and install the .NET framework at Microsoft via the link.
After download, run the setup and install the tool somewhere on your computer.
The location of the RailDriver.dll/RailDriver64.dll is, if not found on your computer in the default Steam location, asked at first startup. You must then point to the right folder, if succeeded you are ready to depart! (Path will be saved in your userprofile Documents/Thirdrails)
If you have any questions regarding to third rails, drop a message under this page and I will try to help you out.
Or sent a e-mail to beentrain [at] gmail.com
Instruction are now in the online help.
Download the latest version on the ThirdRails Download Yard.
Have fun! And let me know what you think!